Saturday, January 21, 2012

A great day to be alive!

I had one of the best runs of of my life tonight 
and
 it was neither long nor fast. 
 The wind was howling when I hit the soft sand about an hour before sunset.  The beach looked alive as waves in the sand formed covering my tracks seconds after I left each footprint.  It felt like I was on another planet other than the countless seashells fighting to hold their ground against the wind bringing my  back to Earth.  Time seemed slow down as floated in the air suspended by the breath of god I was headed into. I was in no hurry and this gave me more time to be in the present. As I ran I could feel the sting of sand blowing off the ground letting me know I was still alive and not in some distant dreamland. Each snot rocket I blew was 30 feet behind me before it even detached. I wore no Headphones but instead ran singing aloud for only my ears to hear.  I was pretty much alone out there except for the occasional seagull either stubbornly flying backwards or forward at an ungodly speed.  The surf rats were driven home by turbulent seas and the few people I saw walking on the beach all greeted me with a smile.  Soon before the sun disappeared  I turned back. I felt like a flying Squirrel gliding through the air. With this wind, even if I was standing still I could still do a six minute mile.   After one of the best sunsets I had ever seen the skies got even more beautiful. Clouds from a morning storm held the colors of the suns rays   lighting my path with a spectrum of light long after the sun dipped below the horizon. I finished my run the same way it  began, with a big old grin on my face 
:)
I can't wait to do it again tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment