Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cha Cha Cha Changes

I busted my butt working nearly every day for the last 8 weeks.  Today was my last day working for the feds.  This morning I went and auditioned  for an  asics print ad.  They had us run a bit took our pictures and give a spiel about running.  It was painful watching a bunch of  actors running for the camera trying to look pretty while executing horrific form.  I was the only one there who chose not wear shoes, not really sure if that will help or hurt my chances of getting the job from a shoe company, but that's how a roll, also having  big old tattoo on my calf doesn't really help my chances, but what the hell it doesn't hurt to try.

Tomorrow Morning I'm heading down to San Diego with the family.  My body feels pretty lethargic, as if I haven't exercised in months.  My legs are tight and knee hurts and I am laughing at myself as I type.  Adventure awaits!   As far I know I have a chance to be the 4th 100 mile finisher using Vibram Five Fingers.  It could be a really short day with a dnf and family fun time at the hotel pool.  It could be a long death march spiritual journey. Maybe my bodies just playing tricks on me and it will come easily.  I have no expectations and I shall have no regrets.  Whatever happens I hope to make the best of it.  I look forward to seeing all my running friends, and wish all participants, crew and volunteers the best of luck.

1 comment: